Sunday, December 2, 2007

Babes of the week



Once upon a time, Hollywood women had class. It was a simpler time devoid of tabloid photographers and vag flashing. Audrey Hepburn, Ingrid Bergman, Grace Kelly...need I go on? Try as they might, the actresses today just cannot equal the elegance of those women. The only Hollywood actress I can think that comes close is Keira Knightley, and she's British. There's been a push to emphasize girls with freakish proportions over actual acting ability, and as I mentioned before, class. For example, jessica Simpson is an example of too much. Too much breasts, too much legs. But also of too little ( eg. brainpower).

Part of the problem may be because I'm not a big fan of the stereotypical American babe: blond hair, blue eyes, big boobs, racehorse legs, etc. I just don't get the obsession with blondes. The only blonde I can think of that stopped me in my tracks and made me say "wow, she is gorgeous" is Gwen Stefani. On the whole, I prefer darker hair and more Mediterranean, ethnic features.

So what can a 20 something do with his need for unrealistic pining? Go abroad of course. Hence I present to you two hotties abroad. The first is Amrita Rao, an underrated Bollywood actress. Sure, these actresses can't act, but when I saw her in Main Hoon Na, I almost fell over. This might sound weird, but I liked her better as the tomboy. She was quirkier and more raw, which is sexy as hell to me.

The second babe is Mylene Jampanoi, a French actress. She has a penchant for being nude in her films, which works for me, but if you've seen her in interviews you can see that she just exudes classiness. She's absolutely gorgeous as well, but unfortunately she's married. And guess what? To an Indian actor! That makes me happy when the brown man succeeds, often we're the butt of so many jokes while the women win beauty pageants like they're a peewee hockey league. She's half Japanese and half French too, which is obviously a recipe for hotness. That's why she is currently my desktop picture and the wallpaper on my iphone.

So please enjoy these grade A certified babes of the week.

No comments: