Sunday, January 13, 2008

Just crown them already...



Really, if there was anyone harboring hope that the Patriots would lose in the playoffs, those people have now been silenced. The Colts just handed in an EMBARRASSMENT of a game against the Chargers. It was so bad that it was worth commenting on. It was a 4 point game, but what made it so bad was that it wasn't Phil Rivers or LT beating the Colts. Instead, it was a backup QB and the Colts' own defense doing them in. It was a choke-a-rama of epic proportions.

Though hats off to the Chargers, they don't have a chance against the Patriots. Same with anyone in the NFC. Express mail that trophy to Foxboro right now. I mean, what's even the point? Brady won't lose. Too much is on the line and, unlike the Colts, they can handle the pressure. Better luck next year and hopefully Dungy decides to come back.

As much as I dislike their racist, douchebag fans; I just can't hate the Patriots as a team. I'm man enough to admit that. They're so fluid and fun to watch. Even when they were running up the score, I couldn't say I didn't enjoy watching that ridiculously efficient passing game. It's a guilty pleasure, I'm sorry to fellow Colts fans. And as I said in a previous post, it's hard to dislike Tom Brady. Unlike his coach or the fans, he's not an arrogant asshole. Maybe his being a 6th round pick and a backup for Bledsoe has given him that humility. And yes, he's one of the few guys I can say is a good looking guy and not feel gay (this statement is an assent to my friend, Troy). Cleft chin, dimples; it's just impossible to hate this man. He's just too pretty.

So let's just avoid the next month of drudgery until the Super Bowl. Let's just skip to the inevitable result.

No comments: