Sunday, November 18, 2007

In anticipation of turkey day...

I'm ready to get out of the city for the week. As strange as it sounds, I want to go back to the cornfields. And no, not just to see my parents, but to actually experience the familiarity and slowness of rural life. Chicago is so high-powered and intense, which is great, but can be tiring after months and months of it. I just went out 3 nights in a row, until 4 AM last night. Oh by the way, I also had experiment days this week, which means I didn't get home until 9ish. I'm exhausted. But good news: I get to start immunohistochemistry on the preserved hearts. Good to know that all that work goes towards the engendering of more work to do. Awesomeness haha. So yes, I need this week, even if I probably won't eat turkey. I guess an appropriate level of nostalgia has sickeningly set in for me.

No comments: